Pullmantur Cruises appoint new president and CEO

Sovereign

Richard Vogel has been appointed as the new president and CEO of the Pullmantur Group, which manages both Pullmantur Cruises and Croisieres de France. Vogel succeeds former president and CEO, Jorge Vilches, who decided to leave the group after parent company, Royal Caribbean, sold their majority stake in the firm. The transfer saw 51% of the company sold to Springwater Capital Group, with Royal Caribbean retaining the remaining 49%.

Vogel has a wealth of experience within the cruising industry, having previously spent nine years with TUI before joining Saga Cruises in 2014 as non-executive director. Prior to joining the Pullmantur Group, he was very impressed by the firm’s knowledge of the Spanish and French markets and their dedication to serving passengers.

Speaking to the French media, he said: "I am impressed by the culture of the company as evidenced by Pullmantur Cruises and employees of France both in France and Spain, and their commitment to meet the requirements of all customers. With this passion to guarantee guests a unique edge to stay, we can achieve great things together and raise our market position."

Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., Richard D. Fain, said: "Richard Vogel brings strategic and dynamic vision we need to bring growth [to] Pullmantur. His success within the company TUI Cruises gives us full confidence in the future and Pullmantur Cruises in France."

Departing president and CEO, Jorge Vilches, said: “It's been a privilege to lead the Pullmantur Group. I am proud of what we have accomplished, and I leave the company with the comfort of knowing that she is now stronger than when I arrived and [a] leader in our markets."

In the UK, Pullmantur Cruises offers passengers the chance to enjoy everything they would expect from an all-inclusive Spanish land resort whilst on the seas. This unique all-inclusive offering includes all meals, drinks, return flights and overseas transfers – so you don’t have to worry incurring any hidden costs during your holidays.


With itineraries in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Norwegian fjords and the Caribbean, there really is no better holiday option than Pullmantur Cruises. Sailing on board one of the fleet’s four ships, you will be able to enjoy the unique French and Spanish flavour whilst on board. All crew members also speak English and are always willing to assist with any queries you may have whilst on board. If you would like to find out more, contact us via the freephone number above or complete the online form.